Friday, January 28, 2011

Maggie's Quilt Top Progress...

 Here's a picture of Maggie from last summer, laying out by the fish pond, on a soft cushion of course, soaking in some sunshine.    We hope to get outside some tomorrow here as the high is to be in the middle 60's.  YEAH!!!  The south has been a deep freeze for a couple months now.  This one day of warmness will spark the daffidoils to start emerging from the ground.....That's my sign of spring around the corner. I can't wait!

The top is completed and it has been pinned to the batting and backing waiting to be quilted.  I will be using this one to practice free motion quilting.  No matter how it turns out I know Maggie will think it is wonderfully soft and snuggly.   I'd be willing to bet I won't hear the first complaint from her that the stitches are not quite even or there's no dog bone applique on it!  (When I first showed the quilt top to my husband, he said, "That doesn't look like a dog's quilt.  There's no bone or anything on it."   Man, he better be glad it's illegal to sell husbands on Ebay!)   I'll finish it up this weekend.  I suspect she will have plenty of time to snuggle in it to stay warm while dreaming about warm days to come soon so she will  be able to stretch out on the deck and enjoy sunshine, listen to the birds singing and the babbling water from the fish pond. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Very adorable beagle! I'm here via the Follow My Blog! swap on swap-bot. Looking forward to future posts!

    Sharon (aykra)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colours! and your doggie is sweet! thebragal from Swap-Bot So sorry to be a day late. I thought today was the deadline! OOPS!

    ReplyDelete