Saturday, January 15, 2011

Swap Bot Mug Rug Swap

This is the Rug Mug I completed for a swap at Swap-bot.  Complete with the recipients name.  This was my first quilted project and turned out ok.  Instead of pre-made store bought bias tape for the binding, I made by own using Clovers Bias Tape Maker.  I first saw this little cool tool on "Sewing with Nancy".  I purchased the entire set at Joanne's.  The first tape I did was a little time consuming, but after that I just zoomed along.  I can't say enough about this little tool!  Not only does it save money by not having to buy pre-made tape from the store, but solves the problem of the shades not quite matching up.  With this baby, everything matches!!  Love it!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I wonder where I could get a bias maker in Canada! Awesome!

    Fifth Street Mama on swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. Glad I got your name in the blogspot swap. This rugmat is cute as ever and love the size of it. Keep on crafting as your dotee is really cute too. I have many of them from my swaps back in 2009, too many really but they were such fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm Shawna (ShawnaJ on Swap Bot) and I'm your partner for the "Follow My Blog" swap. I LOVE your blog. I envy you the ability to quilt. A friend was supposed to teach me, but she moved. Now I'm "trying" to figure it all out on my own. Anyway, I'm following privately and plan to return soon to piddle around in your links, etc. Thanks for a great blog. See ya on the blogs and in Swap Bot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I've always wanted to quilt, but I haven't jumped into it yet with all the other crafts I do LOL. I'n joining your followers so I'll see you again soon.

    BTW, this is Gwenlle visiting from swap-bot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great mug rug! I would love to try making a couple of them for gifts. Am passing thru from swap bot..kraftykj

    ReplyDelete