Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I LOVE WEEKENDS

 May rushed right in there. Its hard to believe the year is almost half way over again...


I had a wonderful weekend. The weather here was beautiful. Mild with a wonderful breeze. I took a break from my quilt and made a couple little pillowcase dresses for my granddaughter. The pillowcases from my thrift store appear to be new and I got them on half price day for 35 cents each! It took me about 30 minutes each to finish. I hope she likes them.
I spent most of the day Sunday outside enjoying the nice weather, reading, some sketching and watching the birds in the bird bath.
The quilt is down to quilting on the borders. The center is all done. After the borders are done I'll just need to do the binding and I'll be ready to start on the next one.

I've already planned out the next quilt and have washed, pressed and cut the blocks.  I worked on designing the seashells embroidery to put in the solid color blocks and hope to get started on this quilt sometime next week.

Also in the waiting line is new cushion covers and a table topper for my kitchen table.  I've got the pattern made and the material washed and pressed ready to cut. 

1 comment:

  1. I love weekends, too!
    Very cute photos!

    So glad I found you through the “All Kinds of Artists” Artist blog hop!

    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!
    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete