Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I've been trying to do something in my art journal a couple times weekly for a few weeks now. This is the first entry for July. I usually dabble in watercolor or graphite and recently some pen and ink. I had tried acrylics before with not much success but decided to try again. The picture I decided to paint is A Rose and a ruby throat by John Martin Heade. The background of the picture is done on canvas, my interpretation of the background anyway.  I made a much more stormy sky in the background and I'm pretty happy with it.  But I wanted to experiment with the rose and hummingbird part because I have such great difficulty blending acrylics...So here is my attempt done in my July Journal. Still no improvement on the blending though.