Monday, September 12, 2011

Final Red Rose with RubyThroat



 
Just remembered I had never uploaded  the final interpretation  I did of Martin Heade's Red Rose with Ruby Throat. It is 16 x 20 in acrylic.  I am fairly pleased with the way it turned out. My sky has more movement with the darkest cloud covering in foreground mountain with sun peaking through a hole in the farthest cloud giving way to sunshine on the back mountain.  Very much an improvement from my last encounter with acrylics.  I mixed various shades of green and applied with a "deer paw" brush for the trees.  This made the trees seem to seperate in clumps as they would appear if looking at them from another mountain top.  I am please with the way it turned out and will probably reconsider throwing my acrylics as far as I can!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angie, Im following your blog, I met you at the Christmas Card exchange on Wet Canvas, Glad to see you up there were gonna have a blast..Come follow me too if you have time and on facebook-Take care and have a great day.Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow very nice rose!! I really liked looking at your blog and I will come back to visit again ^^ please rate me on swap bot Sarahc6967

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was a picture at first! hehe!

    I am ryuluna from swap-bot~!

    ReplyDelete