Friday, October 14, 2011

My Back Up Plan!


This is my back up plan for the Wet Canvas Christmas Card Project.  It is my favorite.  If you have been reading my blog for long you know I love snowmen.  I collect them and keep them out year round in my art studio.  This card I ordered cards with this and a greeting on the inside to send out on my personal Christmas card list...and of course, I ordered extra, just in case life happened and I was not able to get all original cards done for the project, I would send one of these as my back up. As others in the group are doing just one and having prints made I didn't feel like I was cheating.  This card the sky was textured with salt, the snow family is drawn and colored with Bombay inks. The tree is watercolor. Shadows in the snow are watercolor and in the traditional watercolor "rules", the white is the white of the paper itself -- no paint.  The card size is 5" x7" 140# watercolor paper. 

1 comment:

  1. awww... the snowdogs cute!


    -Iggygirl Check out my Blog #5

    ReplyDelete