Monday, November 14, 2011

"Abandoned"




Here's my project from the weekend.  It's been awhile since I've done a "real" watercolor painting.    I've mostly been doing Christmas cards and ATC's for a couple months.  Then before that it had a long while. 











This will probably end up in my binder journal.  This is a journal that I keep paintings in that are done on loose paper, not in a regular bound book that are not for sale or to be given away.  This was done from a photo reference on the wet canvas site.  The reference library is made up of photos that the members upload their personal photos and give their permission for  paintings to be done and sold.   But this one in particular was a picture taken by a member at the Muttart Conservatory in Edmonton Alberta, so I would be afraid it may be a copywrite issue...so it will go in my binder.

But I am very happy with the way it turned out.  I love clay pots and this one appears to have been forgotten!  What really brought the painting to life was adding the shadows for the branches.  It was like it magically came to life.  Those few little lines pushed back the window with the pot in it and made it pop!

1 comment:

  1. This is really lovely Angie. I really love the depth you captured for the window.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete